Assistant Bakery Manager-Nothing Bundt Cakes Dulles
The Nothing Bundt Cakes (NbC) Assistant Bakery Manager works alongside the Bakery Owner, Bakery Manager and team members to create the highest-quality cakes, a warm, welcoming environment, and superior guest experience. The Assistant Bakery Manager shares in team leadership and collaborates with the Bakery Manager in driving sales and profitability, executing day-to-day responsibilities and ensuring that all aspects of the bakery operation comply with NbC standards. This role serves as an important carrier of the NbC culture to reinforce core values and bring our brand to life for our team members and guests.
- Prioritizes the guest experience, models superior guest engagement and fosters a positive work environment.
- Partners with the Bakery Manager in leading all aspects of the guest experience, cake production, brand and merchandise presentation, work environment, P&L management, and inventory control.
- Supports the Bakery Manager in recruiting, selecting and training team members, directing daily work responsibilities, and providing performance feedback and coaching.
- Ensures NbC product, service, bakery environment, and visual merchandising standards are consistently upheld and that all bakery operations adhere to food and health safety standards and NbC policies and procedures.
- Assists the Bakery Manager in executing operational and administrative responsibilities, which may include cake production plans, productivity goal setting, team scheduling, supply ordering, sales and labor reporting, basic accounting and expense control procedures, and payroll processing.
- Co-manages special-order fulfillment via web and email for individual guests and corporate accounts as well as large, complex orders and deliveries.
- Co-facilitates the opening and closing of the bakery, including cash-drawer balancing and bank deposits.
- Contributes to marketing strategy execution in the local community by helping to coordinate and participating in special, brand-building events.
- Maintains hands-on knowledge of all bakery roles and steps in regularly to perform various responsibilities as business needs dictate.
Core Values and Leadership Competencies:
- Servant’s Heart
- Goes above and beyond to support and develop the team and create a superior guest experience.
- Keeps the good of the team and guests ahead of personal interests or gain.
- Leads by example and displays humility and empathy for others.
- Spirit of a Champion
- Demonstrates an intense drive, a commitment to excellence and a passion to succeed.
- Seizes 100% ownership of responsibilities, with zero excuses for issues within direct control.
- Operates with a sense of urgency, exercises sound judgment and seeks feedback to improve performance.
- Genuine Connections
- Projects warmth, enthusiasm, and optimism that attracts and energizes others.
- Builds positive, productive relationships and communicates often and openly.
- Serves as a strong Cake Celebrity/Brand Ambassador in the local community.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Demonstrates an unwavering guest focus and strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to engage, empower and motivate a team and communicate effectively in both oral and written form.
- Has the ability to delegate tasks, communicate clear expectations, direct others’ work and manage performance.
- Is highly organized and resourceful, can balance multiple priorities and demonstrates strong follow-up skills.
- Possesses strong problem-solving skills, with the ability to accurately assess situations and identify issues, develop possible solutions and take the appropriate courses of action.
- Demonstrates strong learning agility, with a passion to grow and excel.
Education, Certifications and Work Experience Requirements:
- High school diploma or GED; post-secondary education is a plus.
- 1-3 years of guest-facing experience in a retail, restaurant or food service environment, preferably in a lead role with progressive managerial responsibilities.
- Demonstrated success creating a superior guest experience and coaching others to do the same, training new team members, directing the work of others, and achieving productivity goals.
- Basic proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook, with comfort in learning new technologies.
Must have the flexibility to work various shifts, including early mornings, evenings, weekends and holidays, based on changing business demands.